Thursday, August 6, 2009

Guess where I went?

You may not believe it, but I finally went to the movies at the Drive-in! And I didn't even go with my husband! Who, you wonder, did I go with? Well, I guess I will tell you. I went with Natalee, Trent, my mom and dad, cousin Brittany, niece Kelsey, and nephew Carter. Yes, we had to take two vehicles because we wanted to make sure everyone was able to see the movie through the windshield.

We drove to the Drive-in on Tuesday night at 9 pm in Jesup. We made a stop at Sonic to get everyone a milkshake, cherry limeade, or other favorite drink. I ordered my favorite - a Java Chiller. The weather was very nice. There was a nice breeze blowing the entire time, so we kept the windows rolled down. Also, the moon was (almost) full and it provided a nice glow on the ground which allowed us to see our way to the concession stand and restrooms. (Restrooms - by the way, Trent is potty trained! He is wearing "big boy" undies now and he is very proud of himself.)

The movie we saw was a Disney one called G-Force. It was about these animated "gophers" that save the world. It was quite comical and had all of the latest hit songs (Boom, Boom, Pow etc). It was a pretty good movie, but I think Natalee liked Kung Fu Panda better. We saw the latter movie in Waycross a couple of weeks ago at the $1 movie for kids.

Anyhow, now I can mark this off of my list of things to do before I die - I've been to the Drive-in!

2 comments:

  1. Fun!! I bet the kids loved it. And congrats to Trent. I bet y'all are glad that diaper days are over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky, I'm glad you had fun on this big trip. I hope you also celebrated with popcorn and coke!

    ReplyDelete