Friday, July 24, 2009

Downtown Disney

We went to Downtown Disney on our last night of vacation in Orlando. We enjoyed a great theatrical-circus performance at Cirque du Soleil. The show was late, 9 pm I think, so we stocked up on M&Ms, popcorn, and coke so the kids would stay awake. Needless to say, the show was lively and interesting enough that they didn't need all of the sugar and caffeine we bought them. Their favorite part of the show was watching the clown do his comedy bit in between performances.
One part of Downtown Disney that I will remember, but Trent will probably never recall, is the ride that he, Natalee, and I took in the hot air balloon that you see behind us in this picture. During our entire trip down there, he kept telling me that he wanted to ride it. So, after the circus show, I bought three tickets for us to ride. Nathan said he would stay on the ground and collect the insurance money if something happened - how nice. As we began to board, Trent realized how big the balloon actually was as it hovered over us. I had to sweet-talk him and let him know he would be okay. As we got to the top, he held on very tight around my neck and went to sleep! At first I thought he passed out, but I checked him and he was breathing. Natalee enjoyed it, but she held on very tight the entire time.

While enjoying the evening, we had to make a stop at the Harley Davidson shop at Downtown Disney. They had a couple of motorcycles set up for pictures and we took advantage. I think these two guys look mighty handsome!

Here's my girl Natalee on a Harley!

Natalee and Trent on the motorcycle - in the background is "Grammy" and uncle Rick.

Here is Aunt Bridgett and Uncle Rick as they carry Natalee and Trent around on their backs while we walked around Downtown Disney.

2 comments:

  1. Hot air balloon looks awesome! I bet Trent will remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! Trent did better than I would have =)

    ReplyDelete