Monday, April 27, 2009

My New Car


Eight years, two kids, and 190,000 miles ago, I bought a new car. It has been a great car, too, but let me just say that it was well past time for a new one. I've had my eye on the kind of car that I wanted for over a year and Nathan found a good deal on one....in Texas!

Yep, Nathan found my new car on E-bay in Denton, Texas. It was a great deal and we could not pass it up. The GMC Acadia we bought is an 07 model with low mileage. It has all of the bells and whistles that I wanted in a "family" vehicle. It is a 7-passenger with leather seats, captain chairs in the 2nd row, and a built-in DVD player for the kids on long trips. I could not have asked for anything better. I love it.

Getting the car was an adventure. As I said, it was in Texas and as you know, we were not. Nathan booked us a flight out of Jax early last Thursday morning. Brad took us to the airport, we arrived in Texas around 2 pm, bought the car, and began the 16-hour drive back home. It was a long drive, but it was fun. We stopped at a Harley shop because Nathan insisted that my new car had to have a HD tag on the front. We stayed Thursday night somewhere in Louisiana, then we finished our journey all day Friday. I arrived Friday evening just in time to finish up rehearsal for Stacey's wedding.

Look at the picture again....ain't it pretty?!!

1 comment: