Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Stacey's Wedding




The big day finally arrived! Stacey and Jay were married at Bristol Baptist Church on Saturday April 18th at 6 pm. I was honored to be matron of honor in their wedding and Natalee was thrilled to be a flower girl again. Stacey is a childhood friend of mine and we go WAY back - more than 20 years! Now that makes me feel old. Well, I guess I am.

Mine and Natalee's day started with getting our nails polished. Natalee felt special because I let her get a design on her toe that matched mine. Then, we met up with Stacey and chauffeured her to Waycross to get her makeup put on. After that, Natalee got her hair styled and Stacey and I grabbed a bite to eat. I wanted to make sure Stacey had something in her stomach because I didn't want her to pass out at the wedding! After getting my hair styled, we met up at the wedding and I helped Stacey get into her wedding gown.

Stacey's gown was beautiful and it looked great on her. The wedding ceremony was beautiful too. There were many friends and family in attendance and I think that Stacey and Jay were happy to see everyone celebrate this day with them. The reception was good too. It was decorated beautifully with lights in branches and red roses. Stacey's wedding cake was pretty. I didn't get a piece but I'm sure it was yummy.

After the wedding, everyone blew bubbles as the newlyweds made their way to Jay's truck. I was disappointed that the groomsmen didn't even wreck his truck - it was clean as a whistle.
Stacey, I'm proud of you and I'm very happy for you. I think you will find that marriage is a lot of fun, but it also takes a lot of work. I wish you and Jay the best of luck!

2 comments:

  1. Let me be the first to comment! First off...Hey BECKY! It means a lot that you've been keeping me in the loop. I live vicariously through you and stay connected to so many great moments in people's lives that I would have otherwise missed. Second, I almost fell out of my chair looking at some of those pictures. I saw people I haven't seen in FOREVER! It felt good. Your blog looks great. Congrats Stacey. Kiss the little ones for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of you looked absolutely beautiful. I am so glad that everyone had fun. I wished I could have been there.

    ReplyDelete