Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Comforted

My work schedule is pretty good. The best days are T/R when I work from 9 am to noon. Love those days!

However, I work long hours on M/W. I am at work between 9:30 am to 7 pm. I have a class between 11 and 12:30. Then another class between 5:30 to 7pm. The other hours in between are my Office Hours in which I must schedule to do work in my office - stuff like grade papers, meet with students, etc. I get a lot done on these days.

I love my job, but there are times when things get stressful. This week was one of them. Monday morning. It all began. It was a long day for me on Monday. I had a lot to do. Students are getting stressed because due dates are approaching....they have tests to take....and all the other things that we all remember as a college student. Well, believe it or not, the teachers feel the stress too.

I had great classes on Monday, but I was very ready to get home. Nathan has the responsibility of the kids all by himself on Mondays. He is quite capable, but I still worry about not being able to be home until 7:30 or 8 pm. By the way, he did an awesome job this Monday. He had the kids bathed and had a yummy pot of homemade soup waiting on the stove when I got home.

Still, I was stressed as I left work and headed home. I wanted to be able to blink....and then be home immediately. I rushed to my office after class, gathered my purse, and headed to my car as fast as possible. As I left the College, I had to stop at the red light. I had my blinker turned on, ready to turn right and be on my way. I was in a hurry. And that's when I saw it.

There was a big rig coming from the left. He was zooming into town and I had to stop and wait on him to pass before I could continue on my way. But there was something unique about this rig.

He had a cross on the front of his grill. It was a cross outlined in lights. I just stared at it as he approached me. He got nearer and I took a look at that cross..........and I was immediately Comforted.

Comforted in knowing that my Lord and Savior loves me. Comforted in knowing that God is there for me. Comforted in knowing that He cares for me each and every day. Comforted in knowing that He has blessed me with a job that I love and with a husband and family that love me so much.

Just seeing that cross on that big rig made me relax. My tense shoulders fell back into my driver's seat. I let go of the steering wheel for a moment and forgot about the fact that I was in a hurry.

As the truck passed, a smile came across my face......and I said a silent prayer....."Lord, thank you for showing me 'that' tonight. Thank you for being there for me. Thank you for the driver of that truck who is displaying his testimony wherever he drives each and every day."

And then, I drove home to the family that I love.

2 comments:

  1. God knows just what we need WHEN we need it, doesn't He?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so scared at first. I thought you were going to say you were in an accident. I'm glad you are okay and that you have found inner peace with your Lord.

    ReplyDelete