Monday, February 7, 2011

The Weekend

I got sick in in the middle of the night on Friday. I caught what turned out to be a 24hr virus. Nathan stayed away and he even took the kids to a birthday party on Saturday morning so they wouldn't be near my germs. Ryan already had a touch of it, so it was already too late for him.

Well, that little virus bug got a hold of Trent on Saturday evening and I felt so bad for him. He didn't know what was going on. He had never been sick like that before. Actually, he has....maybe once....but he was too little to remember. He felt so bad.

We had some company over on Saturday and I informed everyone before they came that I had been sick and Trent was too. However, everyone still came......maybe it was because Nathan was cooking a delicious meal of Japanese. Yep, he got a new griddle a few weeks ago and he can whip up some gooooood Japanese. He cooked steak, chicken, veggies (peppers, onions, zucchini), fried rice, and white sauce. Bridgett helped him out too. I finally got a little appetite back by Saturday night, and it was a yummy supper.

On Sunday, I planned to stay home with Trent and Ryan and keep our germs to ourselves instead of give them to everyone at church. Well, guess who woke up sick? Nathan. He has been sick all day and stayed in bed most of the time. I think he will feel better by Monday morning because this thing seems to only last one day. Natalee has been fortunate enough to stay well so far.

Since I stayed home today, I was able to do a lot of organizing. I'm still working on a bunch of piles all over the house. Remember my new motto? A place for everything and everything in its place!

Trent and I cleaned his entire room including the closet. I went through his toys and got rid of some. I went through some of his clothes that were too small and boxed them up for Ryan. I feel that I was actually productive. I've been thinking about doing a chore chart for the kids. I was inspired when I read a friends post here. So, Trent and I sat down and came up with his very own, simple Chore Chart. He helped with it and we talked about it. He knows exactly what to do each morning, afternoon, and night. It consists of 1. Get dressed 2. Brush teeth 3. Homework 4. Help with supper 5. Take a bath 6. Put on pajamas 7. Brush teeth 8. Clean up all toys.

I've added a few blogs to my list of "blogs I follow". If you are thinking about organizing, you should check out some of them. The Cowboy Phraseology girl has such a simple, beautiful style. She can accessorize really well and she has inspired me to clean up my unneeded, unwanted junk. My new favorite blog is IHeartOrganizing. She has decorated her home to be beautiful and functional. She has an awesome playroom that I would like to mimic in our upstairs room.

Check them out if you have a few minutes. You might even get inspired to do some organizing. Ya'll have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Byron and I are expecting Nathan to cook us some Japanese (complete with tricks) the next time we are there! Hope you all are feeling better!!!

    ReplyDelete