Friday, February 25, 2011

He Loves Me

I'm talking about Trent. He shows it in different ways. Like one night this week, we were sitting on the couch and he somehow snuggled his way into my lap. I didn't mention anything about the fact that my soon to be 4-year-old was sitting in my lap. We just kept on talking like normal and I sure was enjoying every minute of it.

Trent is a lot like me. If he loves you, he is going to tell you he doesn't. If he wants to compliment you, he will say something mean instead and then give you that shy little sneaky grin. You have to about bribe him for a hug. I remember a friend of mine once saying "Becky doesn't give hugs." Well, I used not to. They made me uncomfortable. But after graduating high school, I've given a lot more than I ever thought I would because I realized just how important my friends and family were to me. Trent is the same way.

If I catch him being sweet to me and loving on me, I might say "you love me don't ya?" His response, "no I don't" followed by the sweetest smile you have ever seen.

The funniest thing to me is how he shows his love to the people at church. I can't tell you how many times I have heard a woman holler "ouch!", but it happens pretty often. To show his love to the women at church, Trent just casually walks by them and "whops" them on the tail! Yes, he really does. So many women have asked me why he does that. It is obvious to me - he is showing his love. I've told them over and over...if Trent hits you on the tail, then it means he loves you.

Today we had a special day - just me and Trent. I took him to the hospital to do paperwork for his surgery next week. He will be getting his tonsils removed on Tuesday. He was a good boy the entire time. The nurse asked us both questions and he would use his manners each time. He said "yes 'mam" and "thank you". For using his manners, the nurse rewarded him with a book. She was impressed and it just made me smile inside to know that he was being such a good boy.

Trent and I ate lunch together too. I asked him what he wanted and his response...spaghetti. So, we went to Rockin Bear. He got spaghetti and I got a bbq. After that, we went home and napped together. But, our time wasn't over yet. We picked up Natalee from school and while she was at gymnastics for two hours, we went to the park. That's where Trent made me the happiest....

We got out of the car at the park and Trent grabbed my hand. We walked hand in hand toward the swings. Halfway there, I scooped him up and gave him some sugar and told him I loved him. We played on the swings a while and then he was ready to slide. I bent down to talk to him and he caught me by surprise....he just threw his arms around my neck and gave me the biggest hug.....and then he kissed me on the cheek! I had the biggest grin!

My heart is so full of love for this little boy. I'm so thankful to be his "mama".

No comments:

Post a Comment